Deliciously easy and quick to make everyone in the household very happy - many thanks to in Rhi's Pantry for the beautiful recipe :)
15 Mins Prep Time, 15 Mins Cook Time
3 Tbsp Sweet Sweet Sting (squirts are more fun)
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 loaf of ciabatta or 4 ciabatta rolls
1 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to garnish
2tsp garlic powder
Cos lettuce leaves
Pickled red onions
1. Lay the chicken thighs onto a board, then use a rolling pin or mallot to flatten to a consistent thickness. One at a time, dust in seasoned flour, then coat in beaten egg followed by the panko crumbs; ensuring each thigh is evenly coated.
2. Place a nonstick frying pan over a high heat with enough oil to cover the base of the pan. Once hot, fry the chicken thighs for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel laid on top to allow any excess oil to drain.
3. Wipe any excess oil from the pan. Cut the ciabatta loaf into four pieces if using, then slice horizontally and lightly butter on the cut side. Toast the buttered bread side in the pan until golden, then set aside.
4. Add the remaining butter to the pan, along with the Sweet Sting hot honey. Once the butter has melted and the mixture is bubbling, return the chicken thighs to the pan and coat in the sticky hot honey mixture.
5. To make the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, parmesan and garlic powder. Season with black pepper to taste.
6. Assemble the sandwiches by spreading half the sauce over the bread bases. Top with lettuce leaves, followed by the chicken (slice if desired), some additional grated parmesan, pickled red onions and the bread tops spread with the remaining sauce. Serve whilst hot and enjoy!