This ooey gooey honey baked Camembert cheese will be a star for your winter grazing board. Deliciously easy and quick to make for a special occasion.
Serves 6 as an appetizer
2 Mins Prep Time, 15 Mins Cook Time
3 Tbsp Sweet Sweet Sting (squirts are more fun)
1 wheel Cheese camembert
1/3 cup Walnuts
2 tbsp Figs, chopped
1 tsp Rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp Butter
Crackers to serve
A shallow ramekin slightly bigger than the cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C fan.
2. Place the whole camembert wheel in a suitable-sized ramekin and score the top crust.
3. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of honey, place in the oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes until it is soft and melted inside but keeps its shape.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, add the fig and walnut pieces, butter, 2 tbsp honey, rosemary and salt.
5. Stirring constantly, melt the honey and butter and create a lovely sticky coating - approx 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside
6. Remove the cheese from the oven, top with the fig and nut caramel and serve immediately with crackers.